Saturday, March 12, 2016

A local Beauty

Note: I found a way to delay the timing of the blog, so here is one for while we are gone!!


The Hooded Oriole turned out to be one of the surprise birds for me when we arrived here in Mexico. Along with the Northern Cardinal, which in my mind were both birds of the colder north climes. They are not, but it was the way my warped brain saw them. The Hooded Oriole has been with out a doubt one of the most colorful, photogenic birds that I have shot while here in Mexico, and they never sease to amaze me. Here are just a few of the shots I have been able to capture of the wonderful bird!











 
 
 
Here is a fun shot of a female in the fountain in front of our gallery



And here are a couple shots of Mom feeding Palm caterpillars to her baby. The baby ate 3 of these huge things in less than 20 minutes








No comments:

Post a Comment