Friday, June 3, 2016

More from Guadalajara

Last weekends trip to the Mexico mainland yielded 5 new birds for the Life List. While the Russet-crowned Motmot was with out question the highlight of the weekend, I don't want to discount the others. The first actual bird of the day was a beautiful Blue Mockingbird....I should point out that this bird showed up before I even had my camera ready, but later in the day, Jeanne was able to get the shot below


Then, within 5 minutes of the Blue Mockingbird, a Great Kiskadee appeared.



Thru out the day, I was constantly amazed at the number of Vermillion Flycatchers....more per acre that I have ever seen.


Next month we will be in the same area for several days, so I a very excited to be able to spend some quality time in this park!



No comments:

Post a Comment