Thursday, April 20, 2017

Catching up...and some shorebirds

Ahh, I guess I could write in here all about the things that have been going on in our lives that have pulled me away from the blog, but you probably don't care! Suffice it to say, there are a lot of changes going on right now. The next adventure in Jeanne and my life is starting to take form. We have sold the Durango, and bought a new (to us) Ford 350 diesel 4x4. This is to haul the new 5th wheel that we are going to buy, more on that after this weekend. Our little desert trailer, Casa Poquita is now for sale, and soon the boat will be as well. We have found partners to take over the Marine Business, to be finalized about this time next year. So, then it will be all about the birds!!  I will begin doing guided bird tours full time, and in the off season, we will travel to where the birds are!

So now you know what I have been up too, but there still has been some time for finding a bird or two!! We have been over to the Pacific Coast side of the Baja several times as the shorebirds are migrating thru, and changing into their breeding plumages. This has become one of our favorite "beach" campsites!


There were pretty large numbers of Surfbirds.....




The Ruddy Turnstones were just starting to get their breed colors..




And the Black-bellied Plovers don't quite have the black bellies yet either!



Hopefully, things are starting to settle down a bit and I can go back to shooting birds (with a camera) and keep up with my writing!!





No comments:

Post a Comment